I decided not to do Nanowrimo this year.
I enjoy participating and last year did a really good job fleshing out the story I was writing and reaching my 50,000 word goal and then…
The story was put aside and haven’t looked at it since. I pretty much stopped writing entirely, hence the lack of blog posts all year after doing so well last year. Finally, this past summer I started writing again, but it’s felt like a struggle to get going and with a move to a new home and my 18 year old cat dying in August, the going is slow.
There is a pattern in my Nano projects. I never finish them. Not one. Now I do have problems with finishing other stories, i really do, but every single Nano project goes untouched after the November rush. And I don’t want to keep that pattern going.
I’m not writing 1,600 words everyday, but I am trying to get going again. Last year, I spent a lot of time trying very hard to be happy and more productive, then December hit and I became the opposite. A lot of that has to do with working retail at the holidays which compounds the depression that comes with the season anyway, and this year hasn’t been the best in my head.
I.m still trying to write and hopeful I can manage it and not let the impending ick of Black Friday and the season tear me down again. (Did I mention I hate Black Friday and all those who shop that day. I do, I really, really do.)
Anyway, that’s my Nanowrimo update for 2017. I hope everyone else who is doing it has a good time and lots of success. And for those of us who aren’t- write up a storm anyway.
Be Bold and Strong and Wild and
Break All the Rules
- RT @EricHaywood: Just when I thought @MarkHarrisNYC ’s tweet couldn’t get any better... https://t.co/4P5IJJt7jS 8 hours ago
- RT @dduane: TOO CUTE. twitter.com/qikipedia/stat… 8 hours ago
- RT @nowthisnews: ‘The future of the internet is at stake.’ — FCC commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel explains why losing net neutrality would… 8 hours ago
- RT @chrislhayes: This is really something. Also, too little attention has been paid to how the tax bill personally enriches the people voti… 8 hours ago
- RT @RottenTomatoes: Patty Jenkins (#WonderWoman 92% 🍅) Dee Rees (#Mudbound 97% 🍅) Greta Gerwig (#LadyBird 99% 🍅) Kathryn Bigelow (#Detroit… 8 hours ago